Makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 3½ tbsp green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2½ tsp olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3¾ cup water
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup green beans, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch dry oregano
- pinch dry thyme
- pinch dry parsley
- pinch dry sweet paprika
- 1½ Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot
- ½ cup alphabet noodles
- In a large pot, sauté onions, carrots, celery, bell pepper and garlic in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Keep stirring so the veggies don’t stick!
- Add crushed tomatoes, 3¾ cup of water, corn, peas, beans, salt & spices and stir together.
- Mix arrowroot with 2½ Tbsp of water until dissolved. Add to the soup mixture and stir.
- Bring soup to a boil, then let it simmer on medium for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook alphabet noodles separately, drain and then add to soup. Give it a stir, then serve!
- No arrowroot kicking around? Use organic cornstarch instead.
- Freeze individual portions for later. Perfect for your kid’s lunch thermos!