Grilled Cheese with a Twist
This grilled cheese recipe does not only provide the perfect balance of protein, fats and carbs, but it is also irresistible to your kids’ taste buds! Cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein and contains few calories. It’s also packed with many nutrients, such as B vitamins, calcium, phosphorus and selenium.
- 2 Tbsps Cottage Cheese
- 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 Tbsps Cheddar Cheese – Shredded
- 1 Clove Garlic – Minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Top one slice of bread with the cheese mix and place the other slice on top.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of the sandwich with cooking spray. Place in pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Turn over, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Add spinach and tomato slices for a boost of vitamins and flavours!