Grilled Skirt Steak Salad
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch baby arugula, washed and dried
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 tortilla chips, broken into strips
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ fresh jalapeno, seeded (keep seeds for an extra kick)
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt skirt steak liberally on both sides and let sit at room temperature while preparing the grill or frying pan.
- Brush steak with olive oil and season with black pepper on both sides.
- Grill steak over high heat until deeply browned on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 3 to 4 inch portions with the grain, then slice against the grain into ¼ inch strips.
- To make the dressing, place extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, ½ teaspoon salt, jalapeno, and garlic in a blender. Puree until combined and cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic are thoroughly chopped. Set aside.
- Lay arugula on a large platter. Top with tomatoes, tortilla chips, skirt steak, and cilantro-lime dressing and serve.
- Dressing can be replaced with a herb chimichurri, keep the jalapeno for heat!