Healthy Mini Quiche
Makes 12-15 servings
Ingredients for The Crust:
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ Cup Oat Flour
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Ice Water
- ½ Tsp Salt
Preparation for The Crust:
- In a large bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, oat flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the water and oil, and slowly incorporate the wet mixture into the dry mixture until well combined. Let the dough chill overnight.
Ingredients for The Filling:
- ¼ Cup Feta Cheese – Shredded
- ¼ Cup Spinach – Chopped
- ¼ Cup Tomatoes – Chopped
- ¼ Cup Turkey Bites – Chopped
- 4 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a muffin tin with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the dough into mini circles.
- Press into muffin tin, making sure there’s no air underneath the pastry.
- Prick the base 4 times with a fork, then bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, the pastry should be partially cooked on the surface only.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, splash some olive oil, add the spinach, tomatoes, turkey bites and a pinch of pepper. Sauté until all of their moisture has evaporated away (5-7 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and Feta.
- Season lightly with garlic powder. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the surface is lightly golden.
- Make this recipe ahead of time for a quick grab and go breakfast or snack.
- They can last up to 3 months in the freezer and up to 4 days in the fridge.