Red Pepper Hummus
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained (540 ml cans)
- 1 large red pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- Roast the red pepper in the oven on the broil setting until skin is charred.
- Wrap the roasted red pepper in plastic wrap and set aside in a bowl to cool. Once cooled, gently peel off all the skin.
- In a small pan, sauté the garlic in oil until soft and translucent.
- Put all ingredients (including the garlic oil) into a blender or food processor. Give it a good whirl until you reach the desired smoothness.
- Serve with your favourite crunchy veggies or toasted pita.
- To speed up the process, use jarred roasted red peppers.
- For added deliciousness, protein, calcium & iron add 2-3 Tbsp of tahini.