Vegan Coconut Curry (Kid Friendly)
Makes 4 – 5 servings
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Potato – Chopped
- ½ Cup Green Peas
- 1 Medium Red Onion – Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Tsp Ginger – freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Tofu – Cubed
- Cilantro for serving
- Cooked Rice
- In a large pot on medium heat, heat oil, add onion and cook until translucent for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and tomato paste, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk, tofu, green peas and sweet potato. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice.
- No tofu? Use chickpeas instead.
- Swap tofu for chicken for a non vegan dish.